Route Guide for Hong Kong Wedding Paperwork

 route guide.jpg

I do (not know where to go). That would be the worst thing.

Months before you say your wedding vows in Hong Kong, your paperwork have already started. If you are both foreigners, then you both need at least five types of documents which you will be sending by mail to the Marriage Registration Office at Queensway. Should there be no problem with these documents, you will soon receive your wedding schedule through an email. When the schedule given is agreeable to you, then, have this email printed as you will need this for your first official wedding paperwork in Hong Kong.

Now that you are in Hong Kong, you have to physically navigate the offices. And yep, if it is the first time you set foot in the former British territory, it isn’t really as easy as cake, so it is advised that you prepare your trip’s itinerary.  Regardless of your budget, it is wise to consider your hotel‘s accessibility to public transportation and its proximity to places you should see.


Though Hong Kong is generous with its road signages, it can get quite confusing too. Here’s how to get to the government offices in Hong Kong for your paperwork. Our point of origin is Golden Crown Guesthouse in Tsim Sha Tsui.

Commuting to the offices

*** The Tsim Sha Tsui MTR station Exit D1 is just beside Golden Crown, so take advantage of this. Take the Tsuen Wan (Red Line) going to Admiralty or Central and back to your hotel. 

After you arrive, the first stop for your Hong Kong wedding is the Marriage Registration Office at Queensway Government Offices for your administration of oath.

  • Tsim Sha Tsui to Admiralty Station Exit C1
  • Estimated time: (10 mins)

The second time you will have to go to a Hong Kong government office is on your wedding day. If you are tying the knot at Hong Kong City Hall, follow this route.

*** Be sure to allot ample time by going to the registry at least an hour before the scheduled ceremony.

  • Tsim Sha Tsui to MTR Central Station – Exit K
  • City Hall is only about 5 mins walk from exit K* of Central Station.
  • You’ll emerge from exit K* at Statue Square. Do a “U-Turn” on emerging (towards the harbour) and take the subway under Connaught Road which leads to Edinburgh Place.
  • City Hall is on the right on the other side of the multi-storey car park.

Alternately, you can take a taxi from Kowloon to save yourself the hassle of finding the place. 

  • From Golden Crown, cross the street towards Hankow Street (2 blocks away) and look for this Taxi stand: (These taxis here will only charge you a single-way toll fee)


After your wedding, you can either decide to treat your witnesses to a meal or give them some tip and go directly to the Philippine Consulate in Queensway. If you choose the later, then you can go this way:

City Hall to Philippine Consulate

  • Walk about 7 min , 350 m
  • Head west toward Edinburgh Place
  • Take the pedestrian tunnel stairs
  • Take the stairs
  • Turn left onto Des Voeux Rd Central
  • Go to Bank Street
  • Take Tram route Western Market – Shau Kei Wan 4 min (2 stops)
  • Get off at Admiralty MTR Station
  • Head towards Philippine Consulate (United Centre, 14th Floor, 95 Queensway)

Again, if you wish to have it swift, you can hail a taxi.

Luckily, my friend accompanied us during our wedding ceremony and she took the lead to the nearest station MTR Station. We also treated our witnesses to a meal at Delifrance, a small restaurant located at the World Wide House Building. Find a Pinay around the City Hall to lead you here. You can take the train from this spot as the MTR station is located under the building.

If you wish to go directly to the Consulate and later have a meal near Golden Crown, head to Ashley Street (3 Blocks away) via Hankow Street, and look for Weinstube, a German Bar and Restaurant.  This is our favorite place to eat and drink in Kowloon. (Will post about this separately).

So, after you are done with your paperwork at Queensway, you can now have a little freetime for a honeymoon and sightseeing. To go back to Golden Crown, get to the MTR right in front of the Philippine Consulate and take the train from

  • Admiralty Station to Tsim Sha Tsui Exit D1

The next day, you can go to the High Court for your Apostille stamp or pick up your Report of Marriage (ROM) at the Philippine Consulate

  • Tsim Sha Tsui to Admiralty Station Exit C1 (20 mins).
  • It is located past right of Queensway Government Offices


Tadaaaaaaaaaa! Seems like you are done with the paperwork! You can now wait for 3 to 4 months before your ROM is available at PSA. By then, you can start your process for your FRV to Germany! 

Congratulations! ❤

4 thoughts on “Route Guide for Hong Kong Wedding Paperwork

  1. Hi FrauM,
    I’m Jessa, Filipina. We have only a few question, my fiance is US citizen and he is divorced, we received already the Notice of Intended Marriage and we will send the papers soon. We have our birth certificate, my cenomar, his authenticated divorced paper, photocopy of our passports. Do we still need to get his legal capacity to married and send it together too?
    Hope you can help us.


    1. Hi Jessa and Dave! He does not necessarily need a cert of legal capacity to marry in HK. But to send it as an extra is always good. 🙂

  2. Hi !!! I’m leah filipina,I have a few question regarding marriage my fiancé is US citizens and he already divorced and it’s possible to get married in hk? For one week because his in vacation for only 10 days ?

    1. Hi Leah! Yes it is possible to get married there in this 10-day period. But, be sure there are no holidays that can disrupt your transactions with offices.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s